IFX Market Report
IN THE UK:
- Sterling recovers some of its previous day’s losses.
- BoE member Andrew Sentance makes hawkish comments on UK inflation.
- CBI data comes in at a lower level then expected.
IN THE EU:
- Some euro zone countries offer support to the pound.
- Concern over the fiscal health of Greece weakens the euro to a 5 month low.
- German CPI comes in 0.2% below consensus
IN THE US:
- Mortgage applications & new home sales data are weaker then predictions.
- Fed interest rate decision held at 0.25%.
- Markets await durable good orders early afternoon.
At 9.30am this morning the market was at €1.1585, $1.6256, 1.7197 CAD, 1.7064 CHF, 12.29 ZAR, 146.86 JPY, 11.82 SEK. EUR/USD 1.4027.